- esla CEO Elon Musk tweeted a raunchy picture of a couple in bed eyeing bitcoin at $69,000.
- Crypto fans responded in droves to celebrate after bitcoin reached an all-time high near $67,000 on Wednesday.
- Elon Musk’s Tesla holds 42,902 bitcoins, worth around $2.8 billion.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
Tesla CEO and cryptocurrency champion Elon Musk on Thursday posted a raunchy tweet about bitcoin’s record high of $69,000 the day before, prompting responses from thousands of users.
The cartoon featured a man and a woman in bed watching bitcoin stand at $69,000 on their TV, followed by a comparatively lackluster ether at $4,200.
His tweet might have been inspired by the fact that bitcoin rallied to a record of nearly $67,000 on Wednesday, following the successful launch of the ProShares’ Bitcoin Strategy ETF, the first futures fund.
– ADVERTISEMENT -https://s.yimg.com/rq/darla/4-6-0/html/r-sf-flx.html
Following the launch of the ETF, many market experts believe bitcoin could climb to $80,000 in the near term and even up to $168,000 over the longer term.